coreBOS was born as a continuation of the famous and powerful vtiger CRM 5.x
I have to start saying that this project is not a fork of vtiger CRM, at least not in the enemy or bad sense, if it is a fork it would be in the github, friendly mode.
We do not have a bad relation with the vtiger company nor with the community, we plan to keep investing time in vtiger CRM 6 and future releases, although it will probably be less than what we have done for the 5.x branch.
In fact I have to admit that I like a lot of things I see in vtiger CRM 6 and will most probably downgrade some of them, I think vtiger is going down the right track and with the change in community support of the past weeks (incredible!!) they may just pull it off.
We aren't creating this project out of disrespect or spite, but
- because we believe that the 5.x branch could be taken much further,
- because a very big user base exists for 5 and these users don't care if 6 is easier to program in, they want to be productive and get their problems solved,
- because a lot of developers time has been invested and a lot of very good extensions created,
- because we don't want to invest all the necessary time to learn a new application,
- because VT6 is immature, it is a new application
simply because we can, that is the beauty of open source.
Our intention is to give support to the big user and developer base for 5.x and take that branch where it was destined to go.
Welcome to coreBOS!